Description du poste
Business Development Manager Dc/Pos
Section 1: Identifying Information
Specialist Business Development Manager
Business unit manager Speciaty
Positions reporting to this position
Target team size:
Section 2: Position Summary
Guidelines: Please provide a brief summary of the overall scope of the position.
To actively discover, create, nurture, develop, maximize and secure new business opportunities for Ingram Micro and its Vendor partners’ products, services and solutions within a specific vertical market, technology segment and/or Vendor set through engagement with resellers, end users and industry professionals
The role is sales based and solution focused and individuals will be expected to have a market leading understanding of the relevant programs, offers, products, services and solutions offered by the Vendors within the portfolio to enable them to provide best in class service and support to their customer base. They will have exceptional communication and presentation skills, be experts within their field with the skills to enable resellers and end users to develop new business opportunities and design solutions which deliver tangible business benefits. They will be able to proactively identify and win new customers, develop existing relationships, negotiate commercial terms and design and implement suitable support structures within Ingram Micro to ensure long term success. Individuals will also be required to coach, support and provide cover for other members of the team when needed, in case of absence or to provide specialist knowledge in specific fields when required.
Section 3: Responsibilities, Supporting Actions & End-Results
Guidelines: List the essential responsibilities, functions and/or activities, provide the supporting actions to describe how the work will be accomplished and provide the desired end results. List the responsibilities in order of importance and the estimated percentage of time for the responsibility (no one responsibility should be greater than 60% of time or less than 10%). The most important responsibility is not necessarily the one where the most amount of time is spent.
This is a field based role. Individuals will be required to travel to visit end-users, customers and vendors (average 3.5 days per week) and either work from home or attend Ingram Micro’s offices when not visiting the above as required. The ability to engage with senior decision makers within both resellers and end users is a key part of the role; as are a high level of commercial understanding, specific industry and/or market expertise, a complete understanding of the technical aspects of products and solutions to enable complex solution design, the ability to understand and adhere to complex systems and processes and the ability to identify, understand and develop new business opportunities.
Major Responsibility:Receive incoming customer calls in line with required service levels
- Provide information on solutions, availability, discontinuation & special offers
- Provide pricing and quotations to customers
- Taking customer orders
- Re-direct other inquiries appropriately to other IMBE departments
Major Responsibility:Maintaining and developing the value of managed and/or new accounts
- Building, maintaining and developing relationships with customers.
- Advising customers of additional products and services which fit their business needs
Major Responsibility:Customer Facing Skills
- Be able to interact professionally and add value in face to face situations
- Be able to work remotely from key customer’s premises as and when required
Major Responsibility:Participate in activities which improve service levels internally and externally
- Maintain and improve product & market knowledge
- Competent and effective operation of the computer systems and telephone systems
- Training initiatives to increase knowledge and skills.
- Pipeline management
- Provide coaching for junior team members to enable them to achieve their specific goals.
- Provide support to Team Manager in ad hoc projects
Section 4: DecisionMaking Authority Level
Guidelines:Describe the authority held by the position by listing the main decisions that the position is free to make and explain the decisions that depend on the position’s advice.
Decisions free to make:
Pricing (within guidelines)
Stock reservations (within guidelines)
Conflict/issue resolution (within guidelines)
Section 5: Scope/Dimensions
Guidelines: List the main quantitative measures that define the size and scope of the position (headcount, budget, profit dollar target).
- Deliver exceptional customer service at all times
- Be experts within their field
- Engage professionally and add value in face to face situations with Vendors, Customers and End Users
- Develop a deep and comprehensive understanding of their Customer base including their Customers’ business model, structure, goals and objectives
- Develop exceptional business relationships at all levels of their Customers’ and End Users’ organizations
- Have a strong commercial awareness of the needs of Customers, Vendors and Ingram Micro
- Design and deliver complex, detailed and specific long-term account growth plans
- Achieve and exceed specific targets in line with business expectations
- Manage and understand their sales pipeline to enable accurate forecasting and business planning
- Understand Ingram Micro’s Value proposition, business model, service offerings and USPs in relation to the market, their competition and their competition’s offerings and be able to explain and position them appropriately to their Customers and to End Users
- Understand Ingram Micro’s Vendor’s proposition, business model, service offerings and USPs in relation to the their competition and their competition’s offerings and be able to explain and position them appropriately to their Customers and to End Users
- Hold a deep and comprehensive understanding of the needs of End Users within their field including how Ingram Micro and its Vendors products, services and solutions can improve their business processes, reduce costs, increase revenues and solve real world business issues
- Be able to train and develop Customers and end users in their areas of expertise, products, services and solutions
- Understand and apply Ingram Micro and its Vendors systems, programs and processes
- Work closely and collaboratively with other business units
- Have the drive and motivation to proactively develop their own skills to enable their own development as part of a specific Individual Development Plan
- Hold suitable Vendor accreditations as required/available
- Become a Trusted Advisor for both internal and external customers in matters relating to their field(s) of expertise
- Assist customers to develop and deliver growth for their businesses by understanding and developing opportunities using complementary offerings from Ingram Micro and its Vendors
- Become viewed as an extension of their Customer’s and Vendor’s own teams through the service, support and knowledge they provide
- Mentor and coach junior members of the organisation to enable them to achieve their specific goals and develop their own skills
- Support Category Lead, Business Management and Marketing in the development and delivery of impactful, innovative and creative marketing with strong ROI
- Support Category Lead and Business Management in creation and delivery of short, medium and long term Business Plans, in line with strategic Ingram Micro and Vendor goals
- Support Category Lead and Business Management to develop, maximise and manage Vendor relationships at all levels within their technology segment and/or Vendor set as applicable
Section 6: Job Qualifications and Educational Requirement
Guidelines: Provide the education, experience, skills and competencies necessary to perform the position.
Knowledge, Skills or Experience Required
- Previous experience in a sales environment at a high-ranking internal sales level with a degree of customer facing experience and a proven track record of success. Understanding of appropriate products, solutions and markets required.
- GCSE / O’Level / relevant NVQ / or equivalent in Maths and English plus some further education qualifications (A-levels, GNVQ or equivalent) required. Higher/ degree level education desirable.
- PC Literate – working knowledge of Office Suite or equivalent windows based software
Section 7: IM Competencies
Guidelines: Provide the IM Competencies necessary to perform the position.
- Articulate, with a high standard of verbal clarity at all levels
- Skilled at establishing rapport verbally and face to face with customers, vendors and end users
- Build networks internally with other departments
- Strong questioning and listening skills
- Exceptional presentation skills in both creation and delivery
- Able to consistently work towards and meet/exceed daily, weekly, monthly and annual targets on a wide range of performance measures
- Self-motivated and resilient, able to handle rejection
- Will take the initiative and use appropriate judgement in a crisis situation
Work under Pressure
- Able to work speedily without compromising quality
- Flexible and adaptable to changing circumstances
- Able to prioritise workload
- Ensures personal objectives are in harmony with team and corporate objectives
- Works within team to maintain and improve strong working relationships which facilitate the highest standards of customer service and productivity
- Excellent numeracy and literacy
- Effective time management, balancing reactive and proactive activities in a high volume environment
- Able to react and respond quickly to requests for pricing quotations maintaining ">The ability to solve problems and to design and implement solutions to a variety of different challenges and issues
- The ability to understand and implement multiple complex processes
- Deals effectively with confrontation and aims to secure a win/win outcome
- Uses persuading and influencing skills to overcome objections and present value added propositions.
- Focused on providing solutions to internal and external customers
- Adds value to the customer by using all industry knowledge to support the customer needs
- Displays a “Customer First” attitude at all times
- Identify development needs and work with individuals to coach them to improve skills and performance
Section 8: Other Information
Guidelines: Indicate any information that would be helpful in understanding the nature, scope or purpose of the position, or any unusual or hazardous conditions associated with performing the position.
- Internal: Credit, Customer Support, Business Management, Purchasing, Category Leads, Other Sales
- External: Customers, Vendors, End Users